Our mission is to provide sound accounting oversight over all fiscal activities in the County; to provide accurate and timely financial reporting in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and to furnish responsive and effective fiscal support services for the benefit of the operations of the County, special districts, related public agencies and the citizens of Merced County.
Services and Duties of the Auditor-Controller:
- Maintain County financial records and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Oversee and process vendor payments for the County and special districts;
- Oversee the issuance of warrants for the County, special districts and school districts;
- Oversee and process payroll for the County and special districts;
- Prepare Countywide property tax levy and allocate property taxes;
- Prepare financial reports for the County, State, and Federal authorities;
- Perform internal audits of County departments and functions;
- Provide other accounting services, support and oversight to County Departments, Special Districts and related public agencies.