What is a Grievance?

A grievance is defined by the State Department of Health Care Services as an expression of dissatisfaction about any matter other than an action. This means if you are unhappy with anything (except for payments or reduction in service) about the services you receive at Behavior Health and Recovery Services, you are encouraged to file a grievance.

Where to Obtain Grievance Forms?

Grievance Forms are available at all Merced County Department of Behavior Health and Recovery Services clinic sites. You can also ask any Behavior Health and Recovery Services employee for this form or download it electronically. If you require any assistance, please contact a Quality Assurance Specialist at (209) 381-6812.

How to File a Grievance?

We hope that you will discuss any complaints or issues about your mental health services with your Service Provider Coordinator.


  1. You may file a grievance by talking to your Service Provider Coordinator or any other Behavioral Health and Recovery Services staff. Our staff can assist with filling out the Grievance Form for you.
  2. You can complete a Grievance Form and email it to us at

Contact Information

For additional assistance with filing a grievance, please contact us: