Mental Health Services Act
Welcome to Merced County’s Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) page.
What is MHSA?
Purpose: MHSA (or Proposition 63) was approved by voters in 2004. This Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million in order to increase county mental health funding. MHSA is focused on creating an innovative mental health system that promotes wellness, recovery, and resiliency while decreasing stigma. Services are culturally competent, easier to access, and more effective in preventing and treating serious mental illness. Please select to view the latest version of the Amended MHSA as revised 01/27/2020
MHSA is based on 5 essential elements:
- Cultural Competence
- Community Collaboration
- Consumer and Family Driven Services
- Focus on Wellness, Recovery and Resiliency
- An Integrated Services Experience
MHSA is implemented through five (5) main Components:
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Merced County partners with Merced College to provide Free Psychosocial Rehabilitation classes. Module 2 - The Helping Relationship is being offered for Fall 2020. View the Module 2 Flyer and register now.
- Visit the Suicide Prevention Page to learn more about our ongoing initiative and view photos from Suicide Prevention Month.
- Visit the MHSA Events and Campaigns Page to access recent event photos and learn more about these educational and inspiring events.
- Visit the MHSA Artwork Page to view more inspiring and creative consumer and community artwork.
Recent MHSA Plans, Updates, and Reports
- Program Update to the 2019-2020 MHSA Annual Update (Adopted 5/19/2020)
- 2019-2020 MHSA Annual Update (Adopted 03/31/2020)
- 2018-2019 MHSA Innovation Annual Project Report (Year 1)
- 2018-2019 MHSA Annual Revenue and Expenditure Report (ARER)
- 2018-2019 MHSA Annual Update (Adopted 01/29/2019)
- Program Update to the 2017-2020 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan (Reversion/Reallocation) - FINAL (Adopted 08/17/2018)
- 2017-2020 MHSA Three-Year Program and Expenditure Plan - FINAL (Adopted 12/19/2017)
Visit the MHSA Plans, Updates, and Reports page to view recent and historical MHSA program and fiscal documents.