Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Merced County Fire Department. We provide two options for volunteers, Paid Call Emergency Medical Responder and Paid Call Firefighter. To see detailed job descriptions and training requirements for both positions visit our Job Description and Training Requirements pages. We are always seeking applicants but you must meet the minimum requirements to volunteer:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid California Driver's License
- Reside/work in initial response area of station applying
- Pick up an application at the nearest Fire Station to you or complete an online application.
- Drop-off application at the station applying to; you must include a DMV printout.
- Once reviewed and appropriate signatures are obtained by the Station, you will be notified for the next step in the hiring process via email and/or mail.
EMR / PCF Hiring Process
For more information on EMR/PCF, visit the Job Description page.
- Agility Exam (EMR applicants are not required to complete)
- Live Scan (background check)
- Pre-Employment Physical (results may take 30 to 90 days for department to receive)
- Final Paperwork Completion (once results are received, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment)