- Departments & Services H-Z
- Juvenile Facility
- Programs & Services
Programs & Services
Programs & Services Overview
The Iris Garrett Juvenile Justice Correctional Complex (IGJJCC) has adopted an integrated treatment model to reintegrate justice system-involved youth to their families and communities with the knowledge and skills necessary to live successful, crime-free lives. Staff work together with each other, youth and their families, as well other significant supporters to develop individual case plans in order to provide youth with the opportunities they need to transition into the community. IGJJCC provides services to youth through a variety of programs that are designed to address individual rehabilitative needs.
Re-Integration Planning and Individual Rehabilitation Plans
Youth have one individual rehabilitation plan that considers all of the youth’s needs. We focus on strengthening four (4) service areas (pillars) to ensure youth successfully transition into the community. The four primary areas of focus have been identified as: Well-being, Family Stability, Education and Training, and Employment.
- Clinical team that consists of two Mental Health Clinicians and a Mental Health Worker
- Behavioral health evaluations
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Psychotropic medication evaluations and on-going monitoring of youth who have been prescribed psychotropic medications
- Anger Management
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment and Education Programming
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy Interventions/Evidence Based Curricula
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
- Youth Crossroads
- Cultura Cura-El Joven Noble
- Thinking for a Change
- Interactive Journaling
- Family visits and events
- Family counseling and education
- Refer and link families to community-based supportive services
Education & Training
- All youth have the opportunity to receive their high school diploma through our Juvenile Hall Court School.
- Post-secondary education opportunities are made available to all youth:
- Career Technical Education
- Career Portfolio / Employability Skills Training
- Regional Occupany Programs (ROP)
- Culinary Program
- Automotive Technology
- Construction Program
- Career Technical Education
We collaborate with employers and public entities to create career pathways for individuals.
- Rise to Higher Grounds Café
- Rise Program
Other Support Services
- Religious services
- Community services
- Life skills development programming
- Structured recreational and social activities
- Planned and supervised off-grounds activities
Working with families, communities, schools and employers:
- Increase youth skills and new ways of thinking.
- Re-integrate youth with families and the community.
- Reduce recidivism.
Program Staff and Partners
IGJJCC has a diversified team that uniquely provides the services and programs youth need. Youth have access to highly-trained staff that deliver individualized and compassionate care.
|Probation Program Specialist||Under the direction of the IGJJCC Superintendent, the Probation Program Specialist manages and oversees the day to day operations of the cognitive behavioral and evidence-based programs. The Probation Program Specialist oversees group facilitators and screens participants for eligibility and placement in appropriate groups.|
|Peer Support Specialists||Under the direction of the Probation Program Specialist, the Peer Support Specialists facilitate cognitive behavioral and evidence-based programs, and help organize the positive reinforcement and incentive systems. The Peer Support Specialists work closely with the youth and other multi-disciplinary treatment team members to develop treatment goals, case plans, and transition plans.|
|Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Team||The multi-disciplinary treatment team consists of peer support specialists (case workers), probation staff, education, behavioral health and other providers identified by the Probation Department to discuss treatment goals and potential barriers to the reintegration process.|