In December 2019, the Board of Supervisors approved an item updating the County’s Mission, Vision and Values to better reflect who we are as an organization and define what we want for the future:
- Mission: Provide quality public services that enhance and protect our diverse community
- Vision: A thriving and inclusive Merced County
- Integrity — Provide accountability and consistency between our words and our actions.
- Innovation — To foster a creative work environment that attracts and retains employees who provide quality services through countywide collaboration.
- Inclusion — Respect and value diverse backgrounds by encouraging personal and professional growth while recognizing individuals for their contributions.
This effort was spearheaded by a group of six employees selected from various County departments and involved numerous surveys, research efforts and meetings. The updated Mission, Vision and Values now serve as goals that Merced County strives to meet on a daily basis.
MVV Awards Program Application (Fillable PDF)