Environmental Impact Reports
A Summary of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
(California Public Resources Code, Sections 21000 – 21178, and Title 14 CCR, Section 753, and Chapter 3, Sections 15000 – 15387)
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is California’s broadest environmental law. CEQA helps to guide the Department during issuance of permits and approval of projects. Courts have interpreted CEQA to afford the fullest protection of the environment within the reasonable scope of the statutes. CEQA applies to all discretionary projects proposed to be conducted or approved by a California public agency, including private projects requiring discretionary government approval.
The purpose of CEQA is to:
- Disclose to the public the significant environmental effects of a proposed discretionary project
- Prevent or minimize damage to the environment through development of project alternatives, mitigation measures, and mitigation monitoring.
- Disclose to the public the agency decision-making process utilized to approve discretionary projects through findings and statements of overriding consideration.
- Enhance public participation in the environmental review process through scoping meetings, public notice, public review, hearings, and the judicial process.
- Improve interagency coordination through early consultations, scoping meetings, notices of preparation, and State Clearinghouse review.
- 10-19-20 - City of Merced - NOI - Annexation and PreZone 2013-01
- 10-19-20 - San Luis Water District - NOE - Contract between the United States and San Luis Water District
- 10-19-20 - City of Los Banos - NOC
- 10-20-20 - Eagle Field Water District - NOE
- 10-27-20 - San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollutin Control District - NOE - Proposed Amendemnts to District Rule 4905
- 10-28-20 - Merced Irrigation District - NOE
- 11-02-20 -Merced County Waste Management Authority - NOE
- 11-06-20 - Evergreen Mobile Home Park - NOE
- 11-10-20 - City of Merced - NOE
- 11-19-20 - Merced County Community and Economic Development Department - NOA
- 11-24-20 - Merced County Public Works - Roads Division - NOE
- 11-24-20 - Eastside Water District - NOD