- Departments A-G
- County Clerk
- Environmental Impact Reports
Environmental Impact Reports
A Summary of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
(California Public Resources Code, Sections 21000 – 21178, and Title 14 CCR, Section 753, and Chapter 3, Sections 15000 – 15387)
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is California’s broadest environmental law. CEQA helps to guide the Department during issuance of permits and approval of projects. Courts have interpreted CEQA to afford the fullest protection of the environment within the reasonable scope of the statutes. CEQA applies to all discretionary projects proposed to be conducted or approved by a California public agency, including private projects requiring discretionary government approval.
The purpose of CEQA is to:
- Disclose to the public the significant environmental effects of a proposed discretionary project
- Prevent or minimize damage to the environment through development of project alternatives, mitigation measures, and mitigation monitoring.
- Disclose to the public the agency decision-making process utilized to approve discretionary projects through findings and statements of overriding consideration.
- Enhance public participation in the environmental review process through scoping meetings, public notice, public review, hearings, and the judicial process.
- Improve interagency coordination through early consultations, scoping meetings, notices of preparation, and State Clearinghouse review.
Common abbreviations used on this page:
- NOP - Notice of Preparation
- NOC - Notice of Completion
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- NOI - Notice of Intent
Merced County's Environmental Impact Reports
- 02-15-2023 - San Luis Delta-Mendota Water Authority - NOI
- 02-15-2023 - Select Harvest USA - NOI
- 02-16-2023 - County of Merced Community and Economic Development Department - NOI -Administrative Permit Application No. AA22-077
- 02-23-2023 - City of Atwater - NOE - Resolution NO. PC 0219 Tentative Parcel Map NO 22-26-0100
- 02-23-2023 - City of Atwater - NOI - City of Atwater - Site Plan 22-240100 Architectural Review 22-24-0300 and zone change 22-24-0400
- 03-01-2023 City of Atwater -NOE- Resolution No. 3375-23
- 03-06-2023 - City of Merced - NOE - Site Plan No 513
- 03-08-2023 - Roman Catholic Bishop of Fresno - NOE
- 03-10-2023 - Renewable America, LLC - NOD
- 03-16-2023 -City of Atwater - NOE - Resolution 204-22
- 03-17-2023 - Merced County DPW - NOE - FY 2022.2023 Merced County Measure V Overlays
- 03-20-2023 - West Turlock Subbasin GSA - NOD.EIR
- 03-20-2023 - Merced County Comm. and Econ. Dev. Dept. Planning Div. - NOI - Adopt a ND for Cond. use Permit No. CUP22-016
- 03-23-2023 - Merced County CED - NOD -AA22-077 . SPR22-007 - Meena Farms Cherry Packing Facility
- 03-23-2023 - Merced Association Of Governments - NOD
- 03-23-2023 - Merced Co. Comm. and Econ. Dev. Dept. - NOI - Administrative Application No. AA22-072
- 03-23-2023 - Merced Co. Comm. and Econ. Dev. Dept. - NOI - Conditional Use Permit Application No. CUP22-011
- 03-23-2023 County of Merced -NOD-- BA Acquisition i-5 sullivan road gas station
- 03-28-2023 - Merced Subbasin Groundwater Sustainability Agency - NOE