Suicide Prevention Initiative
If you need immediate help, please call:
Merced County 24/7 Help Line:
Central Valley 24/7 Hotline:
Suicide Prevention Month Drive-Thru Event
Please join us on September 29, 2020 for a Mental Health and Wellness Drive-Thru Resource Event in honor of Suicide Prevention Month.
The event will be held from 4 P.M. to 6 P.M. at 301 East 13th Street, Merced, California, in the parking lot on the 15th Street side of the building. The event will include suicide prevention resources, information about health and wellness workshops, free t-shirts, backbacks, and snacks (while supplies last).
This is a socially distanced outreach event and masks are required. Contact (866) 626-6472 for more information.
View the Suicide Prevention presentation below. Download a PDF copy of the presentation
Suicide Prevention in Merced County
2020 Suicide Prevention Week Emails from Each Mind Matters
- Suicide Prevention Week Email 1: Introduction to Suicide Prevention Week
- Semana de prevención del suicidio, correo electrónico 1: Introducción a la Semana de Prevención del Suicidio
Merced County's ongoing Suicide Prevention Initiative efforts will be held in cooperation with our community partners and local schools, and will be designed to inform individuals about suicide risks and warning signs and to ask them to make the Suicide Prevention Pledge to:
- Tell someone if you need help
- Be aware of the suicide warning signs in others
- Ask directly about suicide if you are worried about someone
- Listen without judgment and do what you can to keep them safe
The semicolon (;)
The semicolon (;) is one of the key symbols of suicide prevention and of the Merced County Initiative. A semicolon is used when a sentence could have been ended, but it wasn't.
Your story is not over ;
Keep writing your story
Links and Resources
- Central Valley Suicide Prevention Hotline (24/7)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Know the Signs - Suicide is Preventable.org part of
Each Mind Matters: California’s Mental Health Movement
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- NAMI Suicide Prevention Month
If you have any questions about the Suicide Prevention Initiative, please email MHSA@co.merced.ca.us or call 209-381-6800.