Additional Information

Merced County Employees' Retirement Association (MCERA)'s staff cannot provide tax advice, so staff cannot answer your personal tax questions. If you have questions regarding federal income taxes please contact the Internal Revenue Service at (800) 829-1040, or state income taxes contact the Department of Tax and Fee Administration (800) 852-5711, or consult with your personal tax advisor.

Publications & Websites

You may also wish to obtain a copy of Internal Revenue Service Publication 575, "Pension and Annuity Income," or visit the Internal Revenue Service website for more detailed information on the federal taxation of your retirement benefit. For more information on California taxation of your retirement benefit, you may wish to obtain a copy of the Department of and Fee Administration Publication 1005 Pension and Annuity Guidelines.