Continuing Education Classes
Due to COVID-19 situation, PAC exams are only allowed to be taken on Fridays from 9-11 AM until further notice. Please call our Merced office if you need to take the PAC exam. Our Los Banos office is no longer offering exams, until further notice.
Private Applicator Card Renewal:
To renew your Private Applicator Card, you must complete your continuing education classes before the expiration date on your card. You must have 6 hours of continuing education (2 hours must be in Laws & Regulations, and the remaining 4 hours can be in any subject). Providing you have completed the required hours, you can renew your card up to 120 days before expiration, but you must renew before March 31st of the following year. If you fail to renew between those dates, you will have take a Re-Certification Exam to get your card. There is no fee to obtain your Private Applicator Card initially and no fee to renew.
Listed below are websites you can visit to earn Continuing Education hours. Please make sure the class is accredited in California. Print out a confirmation that you took the class and send us a copy. There may be fees for some of the classes.
Expiration Dates for Private Applicator Card:
- A - H Expires December 31, 2021
- I - Q Expires December 31, 2022
- R - Z Expires December 31, 2023
Available Classes for earning Continuing Education Hours:
- **NEW** San Joaquin County Ag Commissioner (Offering online CE Classes)
- UC IPM Pesticide Safety Webinar Series - Tuesdays starting, February 23, March 16, March 30, April 13, May 4, May 25, June 8 & June 22 0(via Zoom presented in English & Spanish)
- UC Coop Merced - CE Classes every Tuesday, starting March 9 - April 6, 2021
- UC IPM Training Classes (Online - Fees may apply)
- Western Farm Press (Online)
- AG CEU (Online - Fees may apply)
- Department of Pesticide Regulation Approved & Pending CE Classes