Merced County California

Go To Site Search
Violations of Orders
What to do if the Visitation Orders are not Being Followed
  • File a report with local police. The police will forward a copy of their report to the Child Abduction Unit (CAU). You will need to provide a copy of your court orders to the police officer.
  • Contact the Child Abduction Unit in your county. The number for Merced County is (209) 385-7381.
  • For the best interest of the child, the CAU will attempt to resolve the visitation issues without litigation. This is done in a variety of ways, including but not limited to, phone calls, letters and personal contacts.
  • You may also bring a civil contempt action for violation of your Court Order. This is done by filing an Order to Show Case Re: Contempt at the Family Law Courts. You will be required to go back into court and present your case to the Judge.

Merced County 2222 M Street Merced, CA 9543 Ph. (209) 385-7434 Toll Free (800) 226-6452
striving for excellence