1. Submit permit renewal form or a COPY OF THE OLD PERMIT WITH CHANGES
2. Submit updated maps with surrounding crops, and sensitive sites
If you plan on applying pesticides in January or February, please complete the Permit Renewal Application Form and return it along with any associated paperwork as soon as possible or your pesticide applications may be delayed. Merced County Offices will be closed for holidays on the following days: November 22 and 23, 2018; December 25, 2018; and January 1 and 15, 2018.
1. Review your current permit:
- Indicate or mark all changes to crops/sites/acreage on the Pesticide Renewal Application Form or a copy of the previous year permit.
- A detailed list may be submitted instead of the previous year crop or use the attached form.
- The pesticide renewal application form is attached or is available on our website: http://www.co.merced.ca.us/2167/Permit-Renewal-Forms
2. Private Applicator Certificate (PAC): Last names ending in A thru H EXPIRE THIS YEAR:
- CE Hours must be completed before December 31, 2018.
- If you plan to take the test, appointments will be made at the time your renewal appointment is scheduled.
- CE Hours: 6 hours total, 2 hours must be from Laws and Regulations.
- The deadline for PAC renewal if using completed CE Hours is March 31, 2019. After this date the exam must be taken.
- A list of available CE classes is included on the back of this letter or you can view available classes on our website.
3. Use Reports Must be Submitted:
- Use Report history will be reviewed during the renewal process.
- All outstanding use reports must be submitted prior to your permit being renewed and could result in a violation.
4. Ways to Submit the Pesticide Permit Renewal Application:
- Email: MAGPermit@co.Merced.ca.us
- Fax: (209) 725-3910
- Mail: 2139 Wardrobe Ave, Merced CA 95341 or 342 D Street, Los Banos, CA 93635
- In Person at either office locations.
5. Crop Report Information:
- Be prepared to give your Crop Report Information at the time of permit renewal.
- You will be asked to provide yield and value of crops harvested in 2018. All information is kept strictly confidential.
Upon receiving your paperwork by mail, fax, email, or hand delivery to our office, we will call you when your permit is complete and ready to be signed. Depending on the extent of your permit, our biologists will review and complete your renewal as quickly as possible. If you should have any questions, please call our office and speak with our staff. Or email our office.